Tents for Camping, Backpacking
Some of the best locations for extreme sports like climbing require hiking to get there. A good camping tent needs to be right for the location, weather, number of people, length of stay, weight.
Choose a tent for the location
Choosing the Tent to Compliment your camping location, climate, length of stay and number of people.
- All Season Expedition and Camping Tent. These are used year round. All season tents are good for camping as they usually have a good balance of weight and function.
- 3 Season camping tent. This type of tent works well for all but the harshest cold weather condition
- 4 Season camping tent. Best for cold weather climates.
- One-person tents. Great as a camping tent due to its light weight.
- Family Tent. These tents can accomodate between 3 to 6.
- Dome Tent. Excellent camping tent. Easy to erect using lightweight flexible poles that thread through a sleeve in the tent fabric crossing at the top. As a camping tent it is very light for its available area. It has advantages in windy conditions.
- Tarp Shelters. Can be used very effectively as camping tents. They are lightweight and provide shade and shelter from the rain. Tarp shelters have become high tec with use of lightweight materials and mesh for bugs. These are excellent choices as a camping tent.