Recreation Climbing Organizations, Associations, and Rock Climbing Clubs
Recreation Climbing Organizations
Consists of organizations support and promoting aspects of recreation rock or mountain climbing.
Rock Climbing Clubs.
Climbing clubs are diverse. While some focus on team competition and training, others provide wilderness preservation service to an site or region.
Mountain Rescue Associations.
Discusses and promotes mountain rescue issues, climbing statistics, high altitude rescue, high altitude training, issues with high altitude pulmonary edema and high altitude sickness.
Climbing Wall Associations.
Promotes the indoor climbing wall industry with safety issues, currency and support.
Recreation Climbing Organizations and Rock Climbing Clubs:
- Access Fund Access FundDedicated to keeping rock climbing areas open and to conserving the climbing environment.
- American Alpine Club http://www.americanalpineclub.org/ Membership provides mountaineering rescue insurance, mountaineering information.
- Amsterdam Climbers http://amsterdamclimbers.com/ This is a club for all those climbers based in Amsterdam or near by to socialize and find like minded souls to get vertical with.
- American Mountain Guides Association www.amga.com/ Seeks to represent the interests of American mountain guides by providing support, education, and standards.
- American Safe Climbing Organization http://www.safeclimbing.org/ An organization of climbers who are dedicated to making the sport safer by replacing unsafe bolts and anchors and by educating climbers, land managers and the public about climbing and anchor safety.
- Mountain Rescue Association http://www.mra.org/ The Mountain Rescue Association. Hiking and mountaineering in the Slovenian, Italian, Austrian and Croatian mountains in Europe.
- Nepal Mountaineering Association http://www.nepalmountaineering.org National Alpine Club of Nepal. Organization for mountain tourism and environmental protection in Nepal.
- Outdoor Action Guide to High Altitude www.princeton.edu/~oa/altitude.html Very good guide to high altitude acclimatization and illnesses. Discusses high altitude sickness and pulmonary edema issues for mountaineering.
- Rock Climb Texas www.rockclimbtexas.com - Rock climbing club providing discussion forum to find the best climbing in Texas. Organized forum will help you locate climbing spots in & around Texas, locate climbing partners & even buy/sell climbing equipment.
- Southern California Mountaineers' Association http://www.rockclimbing.org/ SCMA was founded in 1986. It evolved from the Rock Climbing section of the Sierra Club, making them one of the oldest rock climbing clubs in the nation. It's purpose is to provide an organization for meeting other experienced climbers of all abilities, to promote our sport and to foster safe climbing.
- IFSC http://www.ifsc-climbing.org/ The IFSC is a continuation of the ICC, now the world organization that represents sport competition climbing.
- USA Climbing www.usaclimbing.org, and The USA National Governing Body for competition climbing. USA Climbing has three tracks Youth, Adult Recreational and Adult Open. It offers a wide variety of competition series for youth and adults in the recreational and elite class of climber.
- Victorian Climbing Club http://www.vicclimb.org.au/ Promotes the sport of climbing in Australia in a number of areas. Services include access negotiation, club trip.